I have recently found a classic bike a Raleigh All Steel, I am going to use this page to record the restoration steps which I hope to keep minimal and as original as possible.
As you can see it's in very good condition for the age fully working apart from the lights needing some attention.
Parts bought so far:
1. Replacement key
2. Replacement sturmey archer battery pack
1. general grease removal
3. Rust removal - only rechrome the brake levers
4. source a period saddlebag & possibly handlebar bag
5. Source a replacement raleigh rear reflector
6. Source a set of period mudguard flaps
7. clean and restore bottom of rear mudguard
8. fit and repair light fittings to include the battery pack
l'eroica 2018 and a lejog in 2018 as I have been invited to the wimps lejog on the ctc forum.