Friday 30 March 2018

Storing a down sleeping bag

It's getting to that time of year when the tempratures gradually rise and your thinking of storing your down sleeping bag.  

I have a Montane Deep Heat Sleeping bag which I have had modified to be extra wide, I bought a Snugpak Winter Expanda panel and had it sewn into the bag and the existing zip reused, the material was such a close match no one can tell!!! the shop did such a great job on it.

I love the bag, but don't think much of Montanes customer service though there's a blog post about it so I won't bore you with the details.

Anyhow, I wasn't to happy with their storage bag as storing it that way and on top of a wardrobe means the bag is still compressed slightly and I wanted to ensure that it had the chance to fully decompress whilst stored.

After looking about for bags no one seems to make one that allows you to really let the bag breath and decompress.  I then had a little lightbulb moments and bought one of those underbed storage bags which cost me about £4.50 including postage from e-bay, the bag fitted in perfectly and can fully decompress.   It's stored on top of the wardrobe looks tidy so problem solved, a tip I thought I would pass on.
TO THIS
FROM THIS



No comments:

Post a Comment