(Long term note: This patch has been on for over 2 1/2 years now still solid still waterproof, I did a bath test before a recent trip and it rained so the reapair is good).
1. cut a patch at least 3cm wider than the tear at each point.
2. Clean the surfaces (I use plain old water).
2. Coat the patch and tear with glue (thoroughly)
3. Wait 10 main for both surfaces to become tacky and apply the patch
4. Wait 24 hrs to dry properly, dust with talc and test in water.
|Here is the tear|
|Vinyl glue & patch|
|Repair in place inside the bag view|
When it has had 24 hrs to dry I will dust in talcum powder so nothing sticks to the excess glue. I will then put it in the bath to see how waterproof it is. So far a 10 minute job!
I have now tested it in water and on the road, waterproof and isn't peeling away etc..