Wednesday 6 June 2018

Ortlieb e-bag setup


I got into a discussion with a member of the ctc forum about my setup using the e-werk and the rav powerbank which I use in conjunction with my bike dynamo.  It spurred me on to get rid of the awful dividers that come with the bag and to more firmly secure my e-werk and powerbank.  Pictures below:



I added some velcro strips using the original inserts
I glued them to the powerbank using klebfast glue.

This is where I feed my sat nav charging cable through.

easily tucked under in bad weather when not in use - note no rust
and it's been on there for about a year now.

I store all the the items I need to store in a nice mesh bag
gloves, cycling glasses, phone, wallet, keys etc..
We had discussed making an insert to store things in but for my preference the inside
plastic provides enough rigidity and the bag is more convenient.

Mesh Bag fits in nicely- I use the zippered pocket for my
camera tools and spare batteries.

I use the front of the bag to store a bar towel for wetting and keeping me cool
removing sweat etc.. and storing a mini backpack for going into shops with.

Here is how the ravpower sits and I also wrap excess cable in
a velcro loop that you get for organising cables in a network cabinet.
again using the original velcro strips in the bag.


Using a mesh bag is so much easier
to get at stuff and maximises the room available.
Note the dryer sheets they keep everything
smelling nice, i put them in all my bike bags

No comments:

Post a Comment