Sunday 15 April 2018

Flask saves my life - Selfless Heroism

Just a quick post, walked the Malvern Peaks this weekend from the clock tower over North Hill to British Camp and back with Vic & Marc.

I was nursing a muscle injury in my neck/shoulder so was being very carefull, on the way back literally the last descent back to the car it is very steep and was slippy.   With literally no warning my feet went from under me I was mid air horizontal and came down really hard with my back hitting first into a rock!!

I was only carrying a small day pack with some gloves water and my Thermos Ultimate Flask, I was stunned for a few seconds, did the normal checks with my mates worried as they had seen me come down very hard on the rock.

I felt ok - stunned not hurt couldn't understand why I wasn't damaged when we got to the car I openend my pack and realised my flask had sacrificed itself for my back....  If it had been a solid flask I would have been hurt.

I was not even annoyed at the loss of the flask really, it was a cheap price to pay to save my back, it does however show that the thermos ultimate is not as tough as other flasks at the expense of it's lightness and performance!



From Flask



To dented hero

It's a real shame, I will buy another one at least I can keep the stopper and rubber bottome etc.. as spares!  I looked at pushing the dent out but the inner wall is compromosed touching the outer wall it won't ever work properly again!

Total damage to me:  Sore back muscules and a sore elbow that got banged as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment